Publications and Presentations
Friday, January, 17, 2014
• Co-Author (with Patrick Poff), Fifty-State Lien and Bond Law Manual, Florida Chapter and Forms and Updates, Aspen Law Publishing, 2000-present.
• Co-Editor, Federal Government Construction Contracts, Second Edition, American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2010.
• Author, Chapter 25, “Funding and Related Issues Regarding Federal
Government Construction Outside the United States,” Federal Government
Construction Contracts, Second Edition, American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2010.
• Co-Author (with Carina O’Hara), Chapter 3, “Practical Considerations/Risks for U.S. Companies Contracting Across Borders,” International Contracting Desk Book, American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2009.
• Author, Contingency and Disaster Contracting and Fiscal Law Handbook, 2000;
2005 (Second Edition). Published by the Judge Advocate General’s School,
United States Air Force (current 2007 edition in use).
• Author, “Checklist 64, International Discovery,” Construction Checklists,
American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2007.
• Co-Author (with Peter Halls and Michael Black), Chapter 8, “Discovery Outside
of the United States,” Discovery Desk Book for Construction Disputes,
American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2006.
• Author, “How to Have a Successful Design Build Project.” F.W. Dodge’s
Southeastern Construction, Fall, 2004.
• Co-author, “Admissibility of Computer-Generated Evidence,” The Construction Lawyer, Vol. 14, No. 3, August 1994.
• Author, “Protection Under Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act for U.S. Military and Activated Reservists,” The Florida Bar Journal, Vol. LXV, No. 2, February 1991.
• Author, “International Contracts Can Specify Where a Lawsuit Must Be Brought,” Tradeline (Tampa Bay International Trade Council), Vol. II, Issue 2, March 1987. • Author, curriculum materials, Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Program,
• Author, “Continuing Legal Education Materials on Pre-Trial Motion Practice,” The Florida Bar, 1982-1984.
• Note, “Chilling Effect on First Amendment Rights – Army Surveillance of Civilian Political Activity,” 11 Duquesne Law Review 419 (1973).
• Speaker, “Severin Pass-Through Agreements in Federal and Florida Law,” Florida Bar Construction Law Institute, March 2012.
• Moderator, “Over There, Over There – Construction Contracting with the Federal Government Overseas, American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Annual Meeting, Toronto, August 2011.
• Moderator, “Preparing for the Exit – A Look at the State of M&A in the Middle-Market Defense and Government Sector,” co-sponsored by the National Defense Industrial Association and the Florida Federal Contractors Association, July 2011.
• Moderator, “What Does International Trafficking in Arms Regulations Mean to Me?” Florida Federal Contractors Association, April 2011.
• Moderator, Hillsborough County Bar Association Construction Law Section CLE Meeting: “Effective Construction Mediation: A Panel Discussion of Dos and Don’ts,” November 2010.
• Guest Lecturer, Ave Maria Law School Distinguished Speakers Series: “Why a Big Case is Like a Law School Exam Question,” October 2010.
• Panel Member, Florida Federal Contractors Association: “Challenges of Teaming,” August 2010.
• Guest Lecturer, Associated Builders and Contractors: “Sealed Bid ‘Fixed Price’ vs. ‘Competitive Negotiation Best Value’ Procurement,” October 2009.
• Guest Lecturer, Associated Builders and Contractors: “Overview of Davis Bacon Act and Service Contract Act,” September 2009.
• Guest Lecturer, Associated Builders and Contractors: “Doing Construction and Related Business with the Federal Government,” August 2009.
• Speaker, Florida Bar Construction Law Institute: “Resolving Ethical Dilemmas When Dealing with Expert Witnesses,” March 2009.
• Speaker, National Contract Management Association: “Terminations for Convenience Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations,” December 2008.
• Lecturer, The Florida Bar, Basic Construction Law Course, Miami; Tampa, 2007.
• Lecturer, The Florida Bar, Basic Construction Law Course, Miami; Tampa, 2006.
• Instructor, The Florida Bar’s Basic Construction Law CLE Course, 2006-2007
• Lecturer, Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), Regional Meeting, June 2001.